How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Sun Jan 18 02:37:47 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
>> In all of these other ones you posted, it can't find the inputs,
>> probably because you renamed them.
> Is there a way to find that information, so that I can correct the problem?  Is there a way to open the file?
>
>>> steven at Studio25:/media/sda7/Movies$ avimerge -o O_Jerusalem.avi 1.avi
>>> 2.avi
> That was advice from someone else.

1.avi was a "meta-variable".  You were supposed to replace 1.avi with
the name of the first file, in this case "O Jerusalem I.avi"

> steven at Studio25:~$ cd /media/sda7/Movies
> steven at Studio25:/media/sda7/Movies$ avimerge -o O_Jerusalem -i "O Jerusalem I" "O Jerusalem II"

That's not the command line I gave you (you dropped the .avi extension,
which the files now have).  Run exactly this:

cd /media/sda7/Movies
avimerge -o O_Jerusalem.avi -i "Jerusalem I.avi" "Jerusalem II.avi"

> Thanks friend.  For the first time that things haven't worked out, I understand why.

Good.

> Now, to figure out a way to solve the why.

As I said above, you forgot the .avi extension on the inputs.

Matt Flaschen