Epson and HP Scanner

Alan Dacey GrokIt at ajinfosearch.com
Fri Jan 16 23:56:37 UTC 2009

Pastor JW wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2009 10:13:39 am Mark Halegua wrote:
>> Can anyone on the list tell me which scanners from Epson and HP they've
>> used on Ubuntu/Kubuntu?
>>
>> I'm looking for an inexpensive scanner priced up to $150 with a good
>> resolution.
>
> You might take a look at the HP j6480.  It didn't take much to get it working
> wirelessly as a network printer/scanner/fax with my laptops!  All are either
> Ubuntu or Kubuntu, we have no windoze machines.  In fact they are completely
> banned in our office!  I got the all-in-one for $139.00 and am very happy so
> far.

Did you have a problem with that printing REALLY slow?  I just made a computer
for my cousin last week and after I installed the drivers from the HP website,
it all worked!  Then I tried to print and it took forever to spit out a page.
It's connected through the USB to a desktop running 8.04.

Alan

--
"The second most satisfying thing in life is to totally understand a complicated
concept. If you are very lucky you may attain *the* most satisfying thing in