Help for Steven

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:55:56 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2009/1/16 Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net>:
>> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>> Woah, thanks. I didn't know such a thing existed.
>> What? Where have you been last year? :)
>>
>> It has been mentioned several times on the ubuntu-users list and maybe
>> here as well.
>>

> I don't read every thread, and somehow I seem to have avoided the good ones!

Also to be not forgotten ubuntuforums.org - so much info to be found
there. Actually makes the kubuntuforums quite pointless, sadly to say.

Example: this week I installed a Linksys wireless printserver for a
company who wants a 100 wireless system in a building but could find no
w/less printer. Instructions all relating to Windows XP or earlier.
Vista, Linux, Mac? Got it working for XP but have 3 linux users. Googled
around, no good answers. Found a link on ubuntuforums.org telling me
EXACTLY how to do and it was way easier than windows. Where I first have
to attach printer via usb and install it, then put printer pack on
wireless, install wireless server-driver and configure it to take over
installed printer driver. Linux - go for ipp net printer in install,
type correct url (ok not all that easy w/o help) and choose printer.
Thats it.