How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Jan 16 16:10:17 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2009 8:41:14 am Joel Oliver wrote:
> > avimerge -o outputfile.avi -i inputfile1.avi inputfile2.avi
> > inputfile3.avi etc.
>
> Thank you for your patience.  I think I understand now.  How do I
> create the outputfile.avi?  Does that happen when I type in a name for
> an output file while attempting this procedure?  For example:
>
> avimerge -o "O Jerusalem.avi" -i 1.avi 2.avi

Here is a customized sequence of commands:

cd /media/sda7
avimerge -o "O Jerusalem.avi" -i "O Jerusalem I" "O Jerusalem II"

You will find the output file "O Jerusalem.avi" in the
directory "/media/sda7", i.e. the same directory where the original files
are now. Actually I didn't test the command sequence but it is more or
less what Matt Flaschen posted earlier today (or was it yesterday in your
time zone?).

However I think it would be much easier for you to use a graphical tool
instead of the command line. Then you avoid all the quoting problems and
Copy/paste from your email client which may have inserted line breaks to
the commands. Then you select the input / output files with the graphical
file selection tool where you know how to navigate to the appropriate
directories.

You can install the package "avidemux" or "avidemux-qt" and you will find
the program in K-menu -> Multimedia.

Nils