Openoffice.org 3 updates from PPA still broken

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 16 15:30:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:16:31 +0200
Georgi Kourtev <gkourtev at gmail.com> wrote:

GK> I did the update to KDE 4.1.4 incl the updates to OO. The problem is
GK> still  there. Even more -- as soon as it appears, it freezes the
GK> system. gk

Not the same problem I think. OO does now start up, but the menus (at
least the file menus) don't work right (and seize control of the mouse
pointer). The other difference is that it
occurs with both Intrepid & Hardy whereas before, it worked OK on Hardy.

[FWIW on Hardy a combination of Ctrl-Tab & Alt-Tab can get you to a
terminal window to do a "killall soffice", on Intrepid I had to do
Ctrl-Alt-F1 and get to the Console to do it].

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |