How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 16 15:00:23 UTC 2009

On Friday 16 January 2009 8:41:14 am Joel Oliver wrote:
> avimerge -o outputfile.avi -i inputfile1.avi inputfile2.avi
> inputfile3.avi etc.

Dear Joel,

Thank you for your patience.  I think I understand now.  How do I create the
outputfile.avi?  Does that happen when I type in a name for an output file
while attempting this procedure?  For example:

avimerge -o "O Jerusalem.avi" -i 1.avi 2.avi

After this is done, where do I find the combined file?  Is it a separate file
in the storage partition.  This is where I think I have a problem.  I think
all my movies are on a partition and not in a directory.  I never made a
folder on the partition that holds movies; there are nothing but movies on
the partition.  So when I attempt to make the process happen whether by your
method or by the method of one of the others who is trying to help me, I get
a response to the entry as Not a directory or Not a folder.  Do I need to
make a folder (directory) on the partition, put all the movies in that folder
or directory to be able to have the instruction to work?

How does a directory differ from a folder?  On the sda7 partition I have a
folder that is called Favorite Downloads; it contains my favorite movies.  Is
that folder actually a directory?  To locate it on a konsole, would I type
in:  /media/sda7/"Favorite Downloads"?

steven