How do I unite cd1 to cd2? Is Kino the tool?

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 16 14:12:55 UTC 2009

> No, but you should understand these two things before doing any command:
I have been experimenting so long, I am lost.  I have never known what I was
doing.
> 1) What it does
> 2) Why you are doing it
Usually when people help, they just give you the code, without explanation.
When I try to find it in a manual, I usually don't understand the manual.
Occassionally, I will remember code that performs a result.  But when I need
to reapply the instruction, I still do not know what or why it is doing what
it does.  I simply know if it works or not.

> I saw several emails where you performed some "file" commands, do you
> know what they were for?
No
> Do you know what the exec commands were for?
No

> I do not think that you would have done them if you know what they
> were for.
I want to know, however, when the help comes, I have trouble just keeping up
with excuting the help.  Like now, there are a couple of other responses
waiting after I finish with your help on this issue.

Always, even when getting help from the 'list', I do whatever anyone tells me.
When the instruction solves the problem, I am happy, however, it doesn't mean
that I know what happened.  I just know that it is fixed.  I then save that
email in a 'code' folder in case the problem reoccurs.  I have always been
alone without anyone to talk with while learning, so most of the time, I
don't know how to ask a proper question.  The 'list' has been more helpful
than any experience I have had while trying to learn.  I am amazed how you
all seem to move from thought to thought always seeming to know what you are
doing, but no one has ever been willing to tell me how they learned what they
know.  So I continue to experiment.

I really believe if I knew what an exec command was all about, for instance, I
think I would progress.  What should I do?

Steven