Wireless printers

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Wed Jan 14 19:32:10 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 11:09:56 pm Hans Henry von Tresckow wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Pastor JW
>
> Since the printer uses DHCP, all you need to do is plug it into the
> router and it gets an ethernet address asigned. You probably want to
> set up the router to always give the same IP address to the printer so
> it doesn't keep changing. I have no clue how hard the wireless setup
> is.

Thanks all!  as a followup on this topic, I bought and installed the HP j6480
and once I figured out the printer's menu (they do not provide a manual
except on their unusable CD) it was a breeze!  I couldn't figure out how to
put the router name all in caps from the printer keyboard so I renamed my
router and it just worked!  Sends Fax, scans documents, and prints from any
computer on the router!  That is any of six laptops (all wireless) and three
desktops (two wired and one wireless).  All are Linux computers.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org