9.04 Nvidia help needed

Octavian Florea miron.florea at web.de
Tue Jan 13 13:10:39 UTC 2009

Quote from the Ubuntu PPA:
Personal Package Archives (PPA) allow you to upload Ubuntu source
packages to be built and published as an apt repository by Launchpad.

More info here:
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA#Installing%20software%20from%20a%20PPA

In short, to install the right nvidia-glx-180 package you have to find a
ppa that has them and then either add the lines provided to your
/etc/apt/sources.list or manually download and install packages.

The packages I installed were removed from the ppa where I got them, but
are available here:
https://launchpad.net/~thomas-creutz/+archive

However the ABI mismatch issue still exists, so you would have to add to
your xorg.conf the section mentioned before.

Another solution would be to build your own nvidia driver debs, which is
what I intend to do from now on.