K3B - how to burn an ISO-CD without errors?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 11:45:59 UTC 2009

Dear Eberhard and everybody

> before you bin the drive, you might take a look at your phsical burner
> setup. If your burner is SATA, just forget about it.

The two (80 and 160 GB) harddisks I have in my HP Pavilion t3240, are
'SATA'. However, the list of specifications of my machine does not
clarify whether the burner is 'IDE' or 'SATA'. That list can be found
online via this link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00517811&lc=en&dlc=sv&cc=se&product=1148443&lang=sv
Is there another way to find out whether this burner is 'IDE' or 'SATA'?
With respect to my CD/DVD burner, this has been written on the
specifications list:

"(...)16X DVD(+/-)R/RW (+/-)R DL drive. Must use Double-Layer media
discs in order to take advantage of the DL technology (...)"

> If it is IDE, you might try to connect it as a master to his very own IDE
> channel.

Can you briefly explain how?

> Doing it like this you will provide a unique IRQ and dma channel to your
> burner.

Please, explain what you mean with 'IRQ' and 'dma'.

Thanks!

Bas.