C6380 wi-fi connection

Brian Norman Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 12 20:11:58 UTC 2009

Ulrich Gr?n wrote:

> > Namast?,
> >
> > I've connected my HP C6380 via the Linksys WUSB54gr wireless card (at
> > least, that is what I try).
> >
> > The configuration program RutilT finds my printer, as soon as the
> > printer is on. My laptop then sends ''DHCPDISCOVER on WLAN0 to
> > 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 15''.
> >
> > After some attempts, I receive the message: ''no DHCPOFFERS
> > received'', and RutilT shows my printer as disconnected again.
> >
> > Does anybody know (or has a clue) what might be going on? The HP
> > software on my linuxbox (Debian 4.0) is well installed.

It sounds like you don't have a DHCP Server anywhere on the wireless
network.  If you only have your laptop (with wireless) and a printer
attached to a WUSB45gr are going to have problems.  You will either need
to set up your laptop to be wireless router/DHCP server or invest in a
wireless router.  Hope this helps.

You could also go here <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=uk&dlc=en&product=3560280&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_UKEN> download the PDF 'Basic Guide' and read the relevant
entry under network setup, there's one for 'router-less' wi-fi connection
to a laptop from this printer.
hope this helps too
brian