9.04 Nvidia help needed

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 19:33:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Octavian Florea <miron.florea at web.de>wrote:

> On 01/12/2009 06:57 PM, Knapp wrote:
> >
> > Tried your ideas too but still it takes out xorg and will not run.
> > Perhaps, I just have to wait a few more weeks and try again.
> This is very strange, as I have been running jaunty with nvidia-glx-180
> for two weeks now.
> It is true that the ppa packages I used then to install the nvidia
> drivers are no longer available.
> However, nvidia launched the 180.22 version of the drivers, which are
> currently building on launchpad, so maybe those will work for you.

I will report back, but what is going on is really something stranger than
that. I think it might be a problem with the dependencies in apt-get. Every
time I install nvidia from the repo apt-get removes all the other vid driver
and it removes xorg too!

I could post a transcript of it all. Maybe that would help pinpoint the
problem but then it might be easier to just wait a bit. I am not up on the
alpha side of things, and what they might need or what from me.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001078FFE?ie=UTF8&tag=seattlebujinkand&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001078FFE