Openoffice.org 3 updates from PPA still broken

James Tappin sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 16:49:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:18:20 +0100
"Jonas Norlander" <jonorland at gmail.com> wrote:

JN> Todays update of openoffice.org 3 from PPA don't fix the bug in the
JN> openoffice.ork-kde package. I still got an error when starting and
JN> then it shuts down.

No help to those affected but possibly useful to anyone investigating
the problem -- I notice that the Hardy versions (both 3.0 and 3.0.1) do
NOT have the problem. This would suggect to me that it's specifically a
KDE 4 (or QT4) issue.

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |