9.04 Nvidia help needed

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:42:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 08:07 +0100, Knapp wrote:
> > Anyone know how to install the drivers? At first I thought that KDE4
> > was the worlds slowest desktop but then I saw it was using the NV
> > driver. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the other
> > drivers. If I install Nvidia from the repos it unistalls all of X!
> > Ideas? (Yes, I know it is alpha. I thought I would try and see if I
> > could help.)
>
> I use envyNG and it works a charm! :) Ric

envyNG does it job but has the same results as my first way. It takes out
the xorg program and nothing works. Only fix is to reinstall the nv drivers
and everything else, best way is with install kubuntu-KDE4-desktop.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001078FFE?ie=UTF8&tag=seattlebujinkand&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001078FFE