Grub Error 17

Ash ash8kewl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 02:22:30 UTC 2009

Hi all,
In my desperate attempt to fic the Grub Error problem, I mounted the Win XP
CD and ran fixmbr and fixboot on the repair console.

Now my system is working again except one thing!!

It straight away boots Win XP giving me no option to load Ubuntu.

I checked the partitions on Partition Manager and it shows that Linux is
still there.

How do I get the option for multibooting again?

Eagerly waiting for solution!

Thank you.

- Ash

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 17:58:32 +0700
> From: Ash <ash8kewl at gmail.com>
> Subject: Grub 1.5 Error 17
> To: kubuntu-users <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I dared to adjust the partion space on my notebook today.
>
> Upon reboot,, I am getting the message "Grub 1.5 loading.... please wait "
> followed by Error 17.
>
> I have no idea what to do next.
>
> Pls advise.
>
> Thank you
>
> - Ash

> End of kubuntu-users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 44

Generate space in life by generating space in our own mind!!