How can I find if I have Read/Write permission in Wine-Windows Registry?

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu Jan 8 17:57:57 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 9:46:58 pm Steven Vollom wrote:
> I enjoy a bible program called e-Sword.  I have been using it pretty much
> trouble free for quite some time.
>
> Each time I close the package though, it reopens in a random place.  I do
> not have the random choice selected, so it should not do that.
>
> I contacted e-Sword, and they said it should return to the place I left, if
> I have read/write permission in the registry.
>
> I use Wine to operate this Windows program.  Does anyone know how to check
> the registry to see if permissions are there for read/write?  If so, and
> they are not authorized, can you tell me how to create read/write
> permission?
>
> I looked through the registry for Wine and e-Sword, found them in two
> places, but under e-Sword there was no mention of read/write permissions.

Steven, no point in putting yourself through all that pain!  BibleTime is
available in Ubuntu form!!  Check your Synaptic Package Manager!!  You may
have to add the repository for the current updates however, it is:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/txwikinger/ubuntu hardy main

added to your "third-party software" and the maintainer is quite easy to talk
to!  Fixed a minor bug for me in less than two hours!!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org