Can't find package Ebox in my computer.

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 06:41:24 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> It was recommended that I install ebox in my computer to help with
> configuration.  I installed 92 packages of and relating to ebox, but none of
> them show up on Kmenu.  Additionally, when I click on Alt+F2 and type in
> ebox, I get the following 'could not run specified command'.  When I type
> ebox into the Konsole, I get the following:
> steven at Studio25:~$ ebox
> bash: ebox: command not found
> steven at Studio25:~$
>
> How do I locate the program?
Dear Steven,
Ebox is a server hosting configuration "package", are you setting up
your computer as a server? You find info about Ebox here:
http://ebox-platform.com/

I am running this system on a server elsewhere (that is not where I
normally work and reside) and for that one you  normally first install
the Ubuntu server version and then Ebox OR you download an iso cd image
built for Ebox specifically.

I can think of no benefits running this system on a "normal" user GUI
system.

Best,
Sinclair