[Solved] Re: Error running KDE3 programs after todays update?

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 20:31:58 UTC 2009

2009/1/7 Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> Do you get a error running KDE3 programs after todays update?
> Started up this morning, installed todays updates, rebooted because of
> the nvidia update and now i cant start what looks like KDE3
> application only. I get this error running from a console "error while
> type 0x17". Tried with Amarok, K3b and Krename.
>
> / Jonas

It turned out that it was a damaged file. Running debsums (did not
know of that program before) gave me this:
jonas at intrepid-amd9650:~$ debsums libqt3-mt
/usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8                                                FAILED
/usr/lib/libqui.so.1.0.0                                                      OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/imageformats/libqmng.so                                  OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/inputmethods/libqimsw-multi.so                           OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/inputmethods/libqimsw-none.so                            OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/inputmethods/libqsimple.so                               OK
/usr/lib/qt3/plugins/inputmethods/libqxim.so                                  OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/changelog.gz                                         OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/README                                               OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/README.immodule                                      OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/README-QT.TXT                                        OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/PLATFORMS                                            OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/copyright                                            OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/README.Debian.gz                                     OK
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-mt/changelog.Debian.gz                                  OK

Reinstalling libqt3-mt fixed the damaged file and i can now run KDE3
programs again.

/ Jonas