Wireless printers

Hans Henry von Tresckow hvontres at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 07:33:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Pastor JW
<pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good wireless all-in-one printer which will work with
> Kubuntu 8.04?  I need to replace an old Epson Parallel printer and thought a
> wireless would fit the bill nicely.  Problem is everyone tells me how easy
> the printer sets up in windoze and since I don't have windoze they quit
> talking.  I had the same problem with my palm LifeDrive.  It has never been
> updated via a "sync" type program as again no windoze but it connects to any
> wifi point and updates directly with no problem at all!
>

> --
> 73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
> http://the-inner-circle.org

I have a HP OfficeJet L7590. It's not wireless by default, but it has
a built in ethernet port and I plugged it into my Wireless Router
instead. It took maybe 10-15 minutes to get it set up in Hardy (8.04).
In fact, it was WAY easier to set up in Linux than it was in XP :)
Scanning and Printing work great from linux. I haven't tried the fax
feature from the computer yet. As an added bonus, the scanner has a
document feeder and it comes with a duplexing attachment for double
sided printing.

--
Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)
Everett Dirksen  - "A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon