No subject

Ray Burke rayburke30 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 19:53:28 UTC 2009

pandarsson at yahoo.com

I want to keep everything I have in Kubuntu as a newbie it took me a long time to build
my dual boot with Kubuntu up, so thats why I dont want to loose any data I have in the
'K'

ray> From: pandarsson at yahoo.com> To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Subject: Re:> Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 23:42:57 -0600> > On Monday 05 January 2009 11:08:48 pm Ray Burke wrote:> > Have been advised by the japan solution center that I must re-install> > Kubuntu to overcome problem, but dont want to loose any data, and we have> > gone thru all that is shown in this link many times before?????> > What in the world reinstalling your operating system will do to make your > printer work is beyond me - this isn't Windows. If you do it, don't be > surprised if you feel you've wasted your time. I could be wrong, of course.> > Here's the problem, if there is a real thing that reinstalling Kubuntu would > do for you, it most likely needs a full, fresh install. This means that if > you want to keep your data, you'll have to back it up. This might be as easy > as getting a small thumb drive and copying your documents directory to it (if > you have no large collection of videos or music files) and might go as far as > to require creating a backup partition (if you have disk space) to move your > stuff to while you reinstall.> > Basically, what is it that you have that you want to keep? In what > directories are they stored? What are the large files?> > -- > kubuntu-users mailing list> kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users