I need help installing a .deb package.

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 6 19:43:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Steven Vollom
<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> > Don't I have to download that application first?
>>
>> First, my advice would be to read my mail. ;-)
>> cite:
>> For this you need to download and install WEBMIN.
>>                       ~~~~~~~~
>
> I googled Webmin download kubuntu hardy.  I got an ubuntu option.  I attempted
> to download the 1.4 version of webmin.  There was "downloading webmin"
> showing of the page, but no progress box on my screen.  That is normal for
> me.  I can not fine it in my computer.  Is Webmin download procedure
> different from other download procedures?  I have tried several of the Google
> sites.
>
> Strangely enough, I have been able to download to my Desktop a Usermin 1.370,
> but not Webmin.

Hi,

Webmin is no longer supported in Debian and Ubuntu. It is not
compatible with the way that Ubuntu packages handle configuration
files, and is likely to cause unexpected issues with your system. Ebox
is a web-based GUI interface for administering a server. It is
designed to work with Ubuntu/Debian style configuration management.
See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/eBox
 Hopefully the above info helps. I strongly suggest using ebox.