CD/DVD no longer opened automatically

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 13:56:13 UTC 2009

Kubuntu 8.04.1 and KDE 3.5.10
Using Konqueror as default file manager.

Whenever I inserted a CD or DVD I would nicely be asked what to do with
it or it would open in Konqi. Today I noticed that nothing happened, the
disc was just spinning for a while. Tried several CDs,. nothing worked.

Could not even browse them! But K3b would see and mount them... after
much meddling I managed to get it to mount so I can find a CD or DVD in
"/media/cdrom0" but no "autoopen". If I unmount/eject the icon stays
both in "Storage Media" represantion and on Desktop.a

How do I get the "New media found" query back? Have tried scouting
around both in archives on this list and internet with no luck.

Regards,
Sinclair