FW: Kubuntu re-install without loss of data

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Tue Jan 6 10:45:58 UTC 2009

Ray Burke wrote:

> From: rayburke30 at hotmail.com
> To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com;
> kubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com; kubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:41:54 +1100
>
> Anyone out there know how to re-install Kubuntu without losing any data
> as been advised by japan solution centre(brother printers) that to resolve
> my problem with the printer dcp130c to work again on Kubuntu ,after
> initially
> working, but cant seem to re-install drivers, I need to re-install
> Kubuntu??????????
>
> ray

Hi Ray,
imho this is complete nonsense, what brother told you.

You do not need to reinstall Linux for any porpose and surely not for a
printer driver.

This "reinstall cures it all" habit comes from the darkest days of windows.

Which driver did you install for your brother 130 and which one do you
want to install now?

When you try to install your driver, what happens?

Kind regards
Eberhard