Can't set clock

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 07:26:33 UTC 2009

Jonas Norlander wrote:
> 2009/1/5 Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>:
>>> No, he's not.  The regional time servers are also using round robin DNS -
>>> it's just a smaller pool than pool.ntp.org.  I would think if "oceania" is
>>> your region, the latency in getting to many of the large servers might
>>> interfere with getting a reliable time setting (though I know the ntp
>>> protocol tries very hard to take care of that).
>> Thanks for the heads up on regional servers.  How do I go about getting such a
>> list for my own use?
>>

> As i wrote in a previous mail in this thread you can get a list of
> servers close to you from
> http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/

Following the advice on the website to "ping around" and see where you
get faster response I find that the europe  pool is nearly twice as fast
to respond than the africa pool. Guess where I am located... this I
guess because the providers here buy there bandwidth using VSAT from
European providers.