No subject

Constantinos Maltezos pandarsson at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 05:42:57 UTC 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009 11:08:48 pm Ray Burke wrote:
> Have been advised by the japan solution center that I must re-install
> Kubuntu to overcome problem, but dont want to loose any data, and we have
> gone thru all that is shown in this link many times before?????

What in the world reinstalling your operating system will do to make your
printer work is beyond me - this isn't Windows.  If you do it, don't be
surprised if you feel you've wasted your time.  I could be wrong, of course.

Here's the problem, if there is a real thing that reinstalling Kubuntu would
do for you, it most likely needs a full, fresh install.  This means that if
you want to keep your data, you'll have to back it up.  This might be as easy
as getting a small thumb drive and copying your documents directory to it (if
you have no large collection of videos or music files) and might go as far as
to require creating a backup partition (if you have disk space) to move your
stuff to while you reinstall.

Basically, what is it that you have that you want to keep?  In what
directories are they stored?  What are the large files?