Can't set clock

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 20:58:36 UTC 2009

David Fletcher wrote:
> I've never installed ntpdate. I didn't know there was such a thing.

ntpdate is pulled in by ubuntu-minimal.

> What I'd try is removing ntpdate then install ntp (or is it ntpd? I can't
> recall). If it needs ntpdate it should put it back.

I tried removing ntpdate it would have broken ubuntu-minimal so I left
it.  I installed ntp and it seems to have made no difference...

> Then what happens is, your system will not immediately show the correct time,
> it will very gradually adjust itself little by little. Unless you reboot it,
> then I think it sets itself correctly right away.
>
> Dave
Even after installing it, I get the "unable to contact time server" and
that it can't update the time...  :@(

I even tried the old Windows First Resort as a last resort - I
rebooted...  it made no difference.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann