How do I activate my sdb5 partition and have it stay active continually.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 11:14:05 UTC 2009

2009/1/4 Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi at gmx.de>:
> agreed,
> it was just a suggestion to get the job done. I also felt that it would
> be ok to hopefully stop this neverending thread. ;-)

Now that the partition is automounting, we are halfway there.

> Also, just please provide a few examples where webmin configures the
> system incorrectly, so I can avoid using it for that purpose(s).

I don't know, I've never used it. But there is a right way to do this,
so why resort to a bandaid designed for the clueless and helpless.
Even if someone on this list is clueless, he has us so he is not
helpless.

> For what I use it for, I never ever had any difficulties.

Excellent, but can you go back and restore the system to how it was
before you started? Do you know what changes it makes to your system?
What (possibly incorrect) assumtions it makes? We are talking about a
desktop machine here, not a server, does webmin take that into
account?

> I personally do not like
>> applications that work black magic behind the scenes,
>
> this is perfectly ok for you and me, albeit probably not for everyone.

Right, but so long as they have us, the fix should be the right fix,
not a bandaid.

>>and may alter
>> his configuration in a way that would be difficult or impossible to
>> undo.
>
> again, a few examples would be of great help.

I don't use the app, sorry.

> Highly recommended as an introduction (for some, not for everyone):
>
> "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love UNIX" ;-)
> http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781886411920/

Thanks, I will read that. If it's on oreilly, it is probably worth a good read.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü