Wicd Manager never connects

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Sun Jan 4 07:08:41 UTC 2009

On Saturday 03 January 2009 10:41:56 pm jerry Lapham wrote:
> I took my Acer Aspire 3002LCi laptop to a friends house and tried to
> connect to her  Linksys router.  Wicd found it marked as uprotected but
> when I tried to connect Wicd showed it waiting of an IP until it timed out.
>
> I have no trouble connecting to my D-Link DI-524 wireless router at home or
> to routers at several motels.
>
> Any ideas as to what the problem could be.  I'm home now and can't give
> further details.

Well, mine does that to people too when they try to get on my "unnamed
network", yet it DOES have a name.  However, mine is also set not to
broadcast,  ...AND is set to exclude all MAC addresses but those I add to my
list.  ;)  ;)

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org