How do I activate my sdb5 partition and have it stay active continually.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 4 01:51:48 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2009/1/3 Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi at gmx.de>:
>
>> this might look to be complicated, but I sincerely believe this approach
>> will work out, not only with your harddisk, but with anything else.
>>
>> Go to:
>> http://www.webmin.com/download.html
>>
>> = Download the deb for ubuntu and...
>> = Install it by clicking on it
>> = login with you browser to https://localhost:10000
>> = go to "system/disk and network filesystem"
>> = click on your disk
>> = adjust accordingly
>>
>> kind regards and happy new year
>>

> I think that so long as we can help Stephen configure his system the
> correct way, that would be preferable. I personally do not like
> applications that work black magic behind the scenes, and may alter
> his configuration in a way that would be difficult or impossible to
> undo.

Eberhard just gave me the same instruction.  I am in a strange
position.  I care for you all and do not want to offend, however, I am
in the middle of a fix that is being provided by a kind and skillful
technician.  He solved the problem I was having where sdb5 had to be
made active every time I opened my computer.  I am so protective of my
relationship with all of you, as I am with the person who is currently
working the problem.  I will save the solutions for review after the
partition is repaired.  He seems to have the same goal in mind.  Thanks
to all.

Steven