How do I activate my sdb5 partition and have it stay active continually.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 4 01:47:11 UTC 2009

Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> I have posted this problem many times.  Someone made suggestions of how to
>> create a subfolder in sdb5 that would work, however, I have to activate sdb5
>> every time I bootup.  And then, only the subfolder is functional.  Would
>> anyone like to take a crack at this ongoing problem.  Thanks!
>>
>> Steven
>>

> Hi Steven,
>
> this might look to be complicated, but I sincerely believe this approach
> will work out, not only with your harddisk, but with anything else.
>
> Go to:
> http://www.webmin.com/download.html
>
> = Download the deb for ubuntu and...
> = Install it by clicking on it
> = login with you browser to https://localhost:10000
> = go to "system/disk and network filesystem"
> = click on your disk
> = adjust accordingly
>
> kind regards and happy new year
>
> Eberhard

Good to hear your voice again my friend.  I have not forgotten you, but
I still haven't gotten the return of a defective power supply, so my new
computer sits on a workbench waiting to complete.

Eberhard, I am in the middle of a project with another helper on List
who is taking time to work through this problem.  He has already
provided a fix for another long-standing problem.  I could not offend
him in the middle of his work, by using someone else's solution.  I hope
that does not offend you, or make you want to keep from helping me in
the future.  His help of me is almost like working on a chat program,
his answers and instruction come so fast.  I am going to save this email
as a backup.  I hope you understand, my friend.

Steven