re prepaid wireless broadband usb stick

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Sat Jan 3 21:08:31 UTC 2009

I would guess it should be pretty much the same as using other
pcmcia/expresscard or usb modems - it should not depend much on the type
of the connection plan.

The difference may be that usb modems sometimes report themselves as usb
mass storage devices first and then can be switched to modem mode. There
 is a small utility for that developed. Then you have to get the modem
device name (something like /dev/ttyUSB0, you can use dmesg to get it)
and configure kppp or another utility to actually use the modem to
connect your computer to the internet.

The link below tells how to configure it all...
http://jan.saell.org/blog/archives/23

You can google for other descriptions of how to do it as well.

Donatas