How do I activate my sdb5 partition and have it stay active continually.

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sat Jan 3 17:59:01 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> I have posted this problem many times.  Someone made suggestions of how to
> create a subfolder in sdb5 that would work, however, I have to activate sdb5
> every time I bootup.  And then, only the subfolder is functional.  Would
> anyone like to take a crack at this ongoing problem.  Thanks!
>
> Steven

Hi Steven,

this might look to be complicated, but I sincerely believe this approach
will work out, not only with your harddisk, but with anything else.

Go to:
http://www.webmin.com/download.html

= Download the deb for ubuntu and...
= Install it by clicking on it
= login with you browser to https://localhost:10000
= go to "system/disk and network filesystem"
= click on your disk
= adjust accordingly

kind regards and happy new year

Eberhard