How do I activate my sdb5 partition and have it stay active continually.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 3 07:22:02 UTC 2009

On Saturday 03 January 2009 1:20:27 am Constantinos Maltezos wrote:
> sudo fsck -c /dev/sda1
I mounted /media/sda1 using Disk&Filesystems, it said it was mounted, however,
below it says not found.  ??
umount: /media/sda1: not mounted
steven at Studio25:~$ sudo umount /media/sda1
umount: /media/sda1: not found
steven at Studio25:~$ sudo fsck -c /dev/sda1
fsck 1.40.8 (13-Mar-2008)
e2fsck 1.40.8 (13-Mar-2008)
/dev/sda1 is mounted.

WARNING!!!  Running e2fsck on a mounted filesystem may cause
SEVERE filesystem damage.

I stopped because of this.  What does it mean?

Do you really want to continue (y/n)? no

check aborted.
steven at Studio25:~$