When I open my computer, the 'active window bar' at the top of a window does not install.

Constantinos Maltezos pandarsson at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 04:56:01 UTC 2009

On Friday 02 January 2009 9:48:02 pm Steven Vollom wrote:
> When I open using Alt+F2, it activated the Titlebar, however when I close,
> then reboot the computer, it opens with an inactive Titlebar again.  It is
> just slightly better to not have the Konsole open all the time.
>
> Thanks for the effort, I have to keep working the problem.
>
> Steven

I haven't kept up with this thread much, so I don't know if this has been
suggested.  Do alt+F2 and type in kcontrol.  Then click on "KDE Components",
then "Session Manager".  Make sure the dropdown menu where it says "Window
Manager" says "Kwin".  If needed, log out and back in to see if it worked.

If not...

To be honest, it sounds like startkde is corrupted somehow.  Make a new user
and log in to KDE.  Does it have the same problem?  If so, you might want to
manually force a reinstall of some KDE packages.  If not, try  log out of KDE,
go to a virtual terminal (ctrl+alt+F2), renaming your .kde directory in your
home directory, go back to the login (ctrl+alt+F7) and log in to KDE to see if
it starts working right.  If it does, do the same thing as above (logging out
of KDE and going to a virtual terminal), delete the new .kde directory, rename
the old one that you renamed to .kde and try this:

mkdir ~/.kde/share/config/backup
mv ~/.kde/share/config/kwin* ~/.kde/share/config/backup

Then go back to the login (ctrl+alt+F7) and login to see if it works.  I'm
thinking that it will.  You might need to adjust your settings to how you want
them again if you had changed them from the default.