When I open my computer, the 'active window bar' at the top of a window does not install.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 2 21:58:52 UTC 2009

I just never know what to call the bar at the top of a window; it is the one
that has the '-' tab, the 'box or overlapping boxes' tab, and the 'x' tab in
the upper right hand corner of the page.  Anyway, when I boot up, that bar
does not activate.  I have to open a konsole, type in kwin, and leave that
konsole open the entire session, or the bar deactivates.

There doesn't seem to be a man page to explain this or it's cure.

The problem may have been caused by bad memory, but I have removed the
offending memory stick, and it still does not work without the extra effort.
Does anyone know the cure for this?  Thanks!

Steven