k3b refusing to burn a disk

nepal nepal.roade at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 2 15:40:08 UTC 2009

On Friday 02 January 2009 15:24:52 Jonas Norlander wrote:
> It looks like you have two drives, one Sony (scd1) and a Pioneer
> (scd0) do you get same errors on both? What is the permissions on
> those devices and what groups do you belong to? Give us the output
> of this commands from a console "ls -l /dev/scd*"

nepal at kub-804:~$ ls -l /dev/scd*
brw-rw----+ 1 root cdrom 11, 0 2009-01-02 12:06 /dev/scd0
brw-rw----+ 1 root cdrom 11, 1 2009-01-02 12:06 /dev/scd1
nepal at kub-804:~$

> and "groups".

nepal at kub-804:~$ groups
nepal adm dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev fuse lpadmin
admin

> It
> make no sense that you first get a "cdrecord has no permission to
> open the device" but it still goes on with the burning. While doing
> your testing do you have a DVD-RW disc so you don't waste a lot of
> media?

Yes. Plus I have a few dvdrw too. The first of the dvd batch I used
worked without problem, but none have since.