missing keyboard shortcut in mc 4.6.2-pre1 from kubuntu repo???

Constantinos Maltezos pandarsson at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 09:36:26 UTC 2009

On Sunday 28 December 2008 10:01:50 pm Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> Would anybody know why? Or better yet, how to enable the shortcuts in
> kubuntu???

In konsole, go to Settings->Edit Current Profile and select the Input tab.
There will be a few choices.  Not having used mc in a long time, I'm not sure
which one will work, but I'd guess that "Linux console" would be the safest
bet.

If that doesn't work, I suggest installing xterm (the daddy of all Linux GUI
terminal programs) and seeing if it works there.  If it does, let me know and
I'll look for what else might be different about the two.