Hidden Memubar does not drop down when I put cursor in upper left corner. **RESOLVED**

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jan 2 07:57:07 UTC 2009

On Thursday 01 January 2009, Steven Vollom wrote:
>On Thursday 01 January 2009 10:02:17 pm Gene Heskett wrote:
>> No!  Not no, but hell no!  Dry, the eraser can and will generate local
>> static charges of several thousand volts, further damaging the memory.
>> Simply exercising the memory out of the socket and back in should take
>> care of the problem if indeed that is it.
>
>You have me by 8 and 1/2 years Gene, but the actual milage for me has been
> in a race car low on oil.  You are probably a few years younger than me in
> reality.  I am just hoping to stay alive long enough to see my new computer
> run.

Have faith in yourself, unless you have an incurable of some sort, the man
won't call you till he needs you.

> BFG Technologies was the culprit, a broken new power supply, however
> they are terrible on their service, at least when they create the problem.
> I have been waiting a month and a half for the replacement.  I regularly
> get a lot of promises from them, but no follow through.  I wish they
> understood how close I am to my end if life, and how much I want my new
> computer to work.

Sometimes a little bad publicity greases the wheels.  The should  first and
foremost understand that their poor performance is now a matter of a
publically accessable mailing list archive, and work to prevent more such
footnotes to their history.  FWIW, I recall that name very faintly, but not
the context.

>They say they are a little company only doing a few hundred million a year,
>but they are only experts at the race to starting over in their garage.  I
>would never consider any of their products again. They can't see the value
> in keeping a commitment or taking responsibility for their products.  I am
> sorry I went off subject there.  I have to face the problem every day and
> somehow I got on that subject.  I will leave it though, just in case you
> decide to purchase a power supply or video card or motherboard or any of
> the other products they peddle. They talk strong and deliver soft.
>
>A Happy New Year to you.

Likewise Steven.

--
Cheers, Gene