Intrepid KDE 4.2 64bit Firefox and Thunderbird

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 18:17:45 UTC 2009

2009/2/28 Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net>:
> Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>> Billie Erin Walsh wrote:

>>> OK???????
>>> Why wouldn't you just let synaptic do the install?
>>>

>> Because before this, synaptic itself needs to be installed, as Alan
>> suggested?
>>

> I don't know about anyone else's install but synaptic was on mine. YMMV

Synaptic is a GNOME program and used as default package manager in
Ubuntu, Kubuntu on the other hand uses KDE and has Adept as default
program manager as it is a KDE program. Synaptic is not in a default
installation of Kubuntu.
You must have installed it or it was pulled in as a dependence of
another package.

/ Jonas