OT: Adding "kubuntu-users mailing list" to a search box

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 19:42:28 UTC 2009

Nigel Ridley wrote:
> I'm still playing with my 'home' page for Firefox and thought that it
> would be a good idea to be able to add "kubuntu-users mailing list"
> to the search box below so that I could just type in my search
> word/phrase and get results just from the kubuntu-users mailing list.
>
> Any ideas how to implement it? I did try a few experiments but
> nothing worked so far :-(

You could experiment with something like the original google page for
add "&as_epq=kubuntu-users+mailing+list&as_sitesearch=lists.ubuntu.com"
to your query. I don't know much about HTML but maybe this works for
you:

<input name=as_epq type=hidden value=kubuntu-users+mailing+list>
<input name=as_sitesearch type=hidden value=lists.ubuntu.com>

Nils