Ktorrent xpert needed.

Joel Oliver joelol75 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 21:37:34 GMT 2009

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Steven Vollom
> <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net <mailto:stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>     On Tuesday 24 February 2009 03:13:01 Eivind Hjertnes wrote:
>     > df -h
>     steven at Yesua:~$ df -h
>     Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>     /dev/sda1              14G  5.0G  8.1G  39% /
>     tmpfs                 251M     0  251M   0% /lib/init/rw
>     varrun                251M  108K  251M   1% /var/run
>     varlock               251M     0  251M   0% /var/lock
>     udev                  251M  2.9M  248M   2% /dev
>     tmpfs                 251M   12K  251M   1% /dev/shm
>     lrm                   251M  2.0M  249M   1% /lib/modules/2.6.27-11-
>     generic/volatile
>     steven at Yesua:~$
>
>     This is my primary partition statistics.  The folders for
>     downloads are kept
>     on /dev/sda5.
>
>     While downloading they are in /media/disk-1/Downloads.
>     When complete they are in /media/disk-1/CompletedDownloads
>
>     Torrents are kept in /media/disk-1/Torrents
>
>     There is an ExtractedRars folder too in /media/disk-1/ExtractedRars
>
>     You are probably interested in /media/disk-1, if so, how do I
>     execute a
>     command that would give data for that partition?
>
>     Steven    Interesting name, from where, I would like to pronounce
>     accurately
>     in English.  Thanks for the help friend.
>
>     Steven

That's most certainly wrong.  Sure you can create a directory "disk-1"
in /media and use it for storage, but /media is supposed to be used for
mounted disks.  All I see in your mount list is 15GB of space.
/media/disk-1 is NOT a partition, just another folder in your / (root)
directory.  /dev/sda5 is not being used.  Didn't you go though all of
this previously a few months back with Hardy?  Remember going through
the /etc/fstab file and mounting your disk over the top of a directory
that already had files in it and wondering why the files disappeared and
different files "appeared"?  This time be sure to move all the files out
of /media to maybe your home directory before working out your
/etc/fstab file!

Only empty directories should be in /media.  The only way they become
filled with files is by mounting a disk on top of the empty directory.

Joel.