Ktorrent xpert needed.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 25 22:30:22 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 4:37:34 pm Joel Oliver wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Steven Vollom
> > <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net <mailto:stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     On Tuesday 24 February 2009 03:13:01 Eivind Hjertnes wrote:
> >     > df -h
> >
> >     steven at Yesua:~$ df -h
> >     Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> >     /dev/sda1              14G  5.0G  8.1G  39% /
> >     tmpfs                 251M     0  251M   0% /lib/init/rw
> >     varrun                251M  108K  251M   1% /var/run
> >     varlock               251M     0  251M   0% /var/lock
> >     udev                  251M  2.9M  248M   2% /dev
> >     tmpfs                 251M   12K  251M   1% /dev/shm
> >     lrm                   251M  2.0M  249M   1% /lib/modules/2.6.27-11-
> >     generic/volatile
> >     steven at Yesua:~$
> >
> >     This is my primary partition statistics.  The folders for
> >     downloads are kept
> >     on /dev/sda5.
> >
> >     While downloading they are in /media/disk-1/Downloads.
> >     When complete they are in /media/disk-1/CompletedDownloads
> >
> >     Torrents are kept in /media/disk-1/Torrents
> >
> >     There is an ExtractedRars folder too in /media/disk-1/ExtractedRars
> >
> >     You are probably interested in /media/disk-1, if so, how do I
> >     execute a
> >     command that would give data for that partition?
> >
> >     Steven    Interesting name, from where, I would like to pronounce
> >     accurately
> >     in English.  Thanks for the help friend.
> >
> >     Steven
>
> That's most certainly wrong.  Sure you can create a directory "disk-1"
> in /media and use it for storage, but /media is supposed to be used for
> mounted disks.  All I see in your mount list is 15GB of space.
> /media/disk-1 is NOT a partition,

Yes it is.  I am not that stupid.  It is small, because it is saved just for
OS business.  The second partition is larger and is for storage.  On my 200gb
HDD there are 4 partitions, Primary, swap, /media/sda5 and /media/sda7.

On my smaller Hard Drive 80gb,  there are three partitions Primary, swap,
and /media/sdb5.

> just another folder in your / (root)
> directory.  /dev/sda5 is not being used.

/sda5 not only is being used, it has probably more than 40gb of data in it.

> Didn't you go though all of
> this previously a few months back with Hardy?  Remember going through
> the /etc/fstab file and mounting your disk over the top of a directory
> that already had files in it and wondering why the files disappeared and
> different files "appeared"?

This is my most embarrassing problem.  I cannot remember even doing what you
are talking about.  I am sure I did, because you said so, however, the only
memories that I am able to retain are the things that are current and
repetitive.  If you repeat the command, I will run it; it should tell my HDD
info accurately.

> This time be sure to move all the files out
> of /media to maybe your home directory before working out your
> /etc/fstab file!

I don't know what files you are talking about to move into my /home/steven
directory, however, like you said, my primary drive has about 15gb of space;
there are over 200gb of data in storage.

> Only empty directories should be in /media.  The only way they become
> filled with files is by mounting a disk on top of the empty directory.

I am not familiar with this yet, but anxious to learn.  Thanks!

Steven