How to Configure a Stereo Bluetooth Headset to Work with Kubuntu Hardy?

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Wed Feb 25 11:28:20 UTC 2009

Hello,

I recently bought a stereo Bluetooth headset to use with my Nokia E71 on the
go so I can listen to music and Podcasts.

I would like to configure it to work with Amarok on my Kubuntu Hardy box.

I found a few HOWTOs by Googling, but they all point to, or are based on the
same Community Document for Uuntu (Gnome) and tell me to use Pulse Audio to
stream A2DP.

I haven't been able to make it work.

Can someone on this list point me to a Kubuntu specific guide to use the
Headset with Amarok?

I have loaded the btsco module, and the Kicker mixer (KMix) shows two
mixers; the regular Sound Card and BT Headset, but I couldn't figure out how
to stram the sound to my headset and not to my speakers.

Thanks!

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746

PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html