Ktorrent xpert needed.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 25 07:13:44 UTC 2009

> I would expect that this one will work out very smart for you. If this
> happens, we will imho have to have a close look at your directory
> permissions for the download locations that you usually use.

There is a movie download that is 90% complete with 1.2gb downloaded already.
I would like to restore the download if possible.  If what you say is correct
that I should be able to turn the computer off, reboot and the such without
stopping the function, of the torrent, perhaps there is a way to restart  the
package.

I really don't understand the report I get from ktorrent.  I have almost
completed downloads in the folder I keep downloads while they have not
completed their downloads.  The titles of the files is the same as the titles
that ktorrent do not exist.  The files are in the location that ktorrent says
they are not.  I know they are there, because I can start them to play even
though  they are not downloaded completely.  They play until there is a
missing file then pause until they come to the next playable file.

Reading the error.  Why does ktorrent need to recreate the missing files.  They
are right where they were before the error engaged.  There must be a way to
repair rather than remove.  I just went to the other primary partition to move
some data so that it could be used by this partition.  Because of that the
problem occurred.  Are you sure it can not be reclaimed?

Using the torrent program, it takes a long time to download 1.4gb.  Most of
that is downloaded on the movie Black Stallion Returns.  I really wanted to
view that.

I am going to remove all that I don't care about while I wait for your
response.  If you don't respond in that time, I will remove them all and start
over.  I know it will work if I remove all the problem torrents.

Steven