OT Both my HDD's going bad at same time.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 23:57:02 UTC 2009

> Think about getting an external USB drive. You can back up your data. If
> you hard drive dies you have the data and could probably install your os
> and run off of the usb drive in a pinch. If your hard drive doesn't die,
> you have a hard drive to back up your new computer. Or you can get the
> ata drive and then get an external enclosure that supports usb and use
> it with your new machine for backup purposes.

Thanks John, you are kind with your suggestion.  I hate to openly say this,
even though I have before.  I am old on a fixed income that is way below
poverty levels.  I don't want to be a burden on society and am unwilling to
take advantage of public programs that would change things; I created my
situation.  The truth is that just $10 in a month is a hurtful expense, if it
has to be spent.  So $50 or more dollars is more to me than the gamble of what
I hope to be just a few days.  Sure if I lose, I will be sorry, but if I win,
I save unnecessary grief the spending will create.

I know it is hard to believe anyone could be in my situation in America.  It
just doesn't seem possible.  I just had to erase what I was about to write.
Although true it was not appropriate.  Suffice it to say that this old man has a
different set of priorities than the average American; I know I am not alone,
but I am responsible.  Sometimes I have to do what I have to do, even when it
doesn't seem wise.  I love you guys for your good advice, sometimes I just
can't take the advice you give.

Steven