Ktorrent xpert needed.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 20:43:08 UTC 2009

> Usually disks are mounted to directories. So for example, you could have
> a directory "my storage" with two subdirectories, "download storage" and
> "torrent storage" and these would represent your disks, that are
> currently located under /media.

Their current location is fine with me.  I know where they are and it works OK
most of the time.  But right now, because of a necessary boot, where I forgot
to turn off the ktorrent program before booting, I have several download in
limbo.  When I opened Ktorrent they are all there with their present condition
showing as far as data retrieved, however they will not resume the download.

All but one are Queued but one which is stalled.  When I highlight and click
on 'Start' a window opens giving the options to Recreate, Do Not Download
Select New Location, Cancel and Quit.  I click on 'Recreate' because I still
want to download and a window opens with the following:

Error - KTorrnet            Cannot recreate missing files:  Cannot create
directory /media/disk-1/Downloads/<the name of the download>:  Could not make
folder /media/disk-1/Downloads/<the name of the download>.  When I click OK
the entry on KTorrent changes from Queued to Error: Data files are missiing.

When to I go to the /media/Disk-1/Downloads folder, where the downloads in
progress are located, all the downloads are there, where they are supposed to
be and the folder is properly named.  I attempted to play one of the mostly
downloaded files and it played, to a point of hesitation for files not yet
downloaded, so I know the data is still there in the Downloads folder.  I
think I have been disconnected with the server, and I don't know how to
reconnect without losing all the currently downloaded data.  Also, I don't
know what the 'Select New Location' option in paragraph 2 above would do.
Would it allow me to resume download, or would I start over at the beginning?

Steven