Warning: Some characters will be lost. - Kmail

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 15:31:37 GMT 2009

Intrepid KDE 4.2

Many times while writing an email I will get multiple interruptions with the
warning it the subject line.  It further reads:  Not all characters fit into
the chosen encoding.  Send the message anyway.
                  (Lose Characters)               (Change Encoding)

I neither understand what the encoding is about nor know how to change it.
Each time it happens I click on (Change Encoding) to not lose any data, but
it happens too often and interrupts the typing of the email.  Even if I knew
where to change the encoding to make things work, I would not know what
to change it to.

Steven