Has anyone figured out how to play a .wmv file in Intrepid KDE 4.2

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 05:48:53 UTC 2009

> It's NOT a bug. I can play wmv files on SMPlayer, Kaffeine and SMPlayer
> with no problem. Have you installed the correct codecs for wmv? Look in
> synaptic for "w32codecs".

I may not have installed the w32codecs.  I selected it and clicked on Mark All
Upgrades and apply, however, I do not remember seeing an entry for w32codecs.
I tried the same in Adept and couldn'tfind it.  Sudo apt-get install w32codecs
resulted in this:

steven at Yesua:~$ sudo apt-get install w32codecs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package w32codecs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package w32codecs has no installation candidate
steven at Yesua:~$

How else would I address w32codecs?

Steven