Fwd: ktorrent problem

Norberto Bensa nbensa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 11:45:43 UTC 2009

Resending this to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Norberto Bensa
Date: Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: ktorrent problem
To: Steven Vollom

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Steven Vollom wrote:
> If you don't have time for this, I understand.

Heh. I sleep from time to time :-)

> steven at Yesua:~$ dpkg -i

Nope. Let's get in track again.

You said you uninstalled ktorrent. Then, from your emails, I assume
you did "aptitude update". After that "aptitude install ktorrent" gave
you an error (404 file not found, or something like that.) To resolve
this 404, I told you to run:

dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/ktorrent[TAB]

where [TAB] is your tab key. The name of the file will autocomplete
when you press [TAB] (or it wil show you choices if there're more than
one file named ktorrent)

Now, since dpkg is too complicated you (at least at the stage you are
now) I suggest you to repeat:

aptitude update
aptitude install ktorrent

The original problem (file not found) should be fixed by now and
should have ktorrent installed.

Regards,
Norberto