How do I search the Kubuntu-users Archives for a specific topic?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Sun Feb 22 08:33:53 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009 9:45:14 pm Norberto Bensa wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Steven Vollom
>>
>> <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>> is there a method to seach your preferred topic to save
>>> time?
>> Use Google, he knows everything :-)
>
> I was meaning in the Kubuntu Archive.  I would like to search a place where
> only Kubuntu problem are stored.  Wouldn't that be even faster?
>
> Steven

Try using Google, but putting site:lists.ubuntu.com at the beginning.
That will search only the Ubuntu list archives.  I.E. use
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alists.ubuntu.com+my+search&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
but change my search to your specific search terms.  Or if you want only
 the kubuntu list use inurl:lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/ .
For instance
http://www.google.com/search?q=inurl:lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/+my+search&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=729&filter=0
.  Again, use your terms instead of my search.

Matt Flaschen